Thursday, November 19, 2009

Surf warning

I went surfing this morning before work at Bay Street just south of the Santa Monica Pier and found a white piece of paper on my windshield when I returned to my car. It read: "Warning: This is a polite warning asking you to please don't surf here. This surfing spot has become extremely crowded and dangerous. We are a network of surfers who have been surfing here for years. We will no longer tolerate newbies, snakes and kooks. We kindly ask you to move south of lifeguard station # 24. Remember, this is a friendly warning. If you continue to surf north of station # 24, we will take action." I find this offensive and will report it to the Santa Monica Police. Surfing should not be restrictive. The ocean is for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment